Friday, July 22, 2005

The Purpose of my Blog

Before I get too far on my blog I would like to write a bit about my purpose in writing here.

One reason is that I need an outlet to express the things I am learning about in my life, in the areas of homemaking, my journey with God, etc. Writing is a good way for me to do this. And if anyone benefits from reading about my struggles, victories, etc, then they are all worth it.

I have been blessed by reading some blogs of other Christian women. I appreciate them and other women who open a window into their lives so that we can see their victories, failures, ideas, get advise or encouragement when we need it. Being a homemaker is not exactly encouraged in our society. Many of us stay at home moms feel pretty alone sometimes. I want my blog to be another voice of encouragement to women, cheering them on in their calling as mothers.

I am also looking forward to meeting new friends through blogging. Although I will not be able to spend a lot of time reading blogs, I look forward to getting to peek into other women's lives a bit and see the world from their perspective.

The last thing I want to say in this post is that I will not be letting this blog run my life. :-) Those may be famous last words, but that is my resolve. I have not decided yet just when I will post, but it will be morning or evening, and I think I am leaning toward morning. If I don't set a time to do it it will run my life. I am going to keep a list of things I want to post about on my desk and then when it is time to post, I won't forget to post it. (This is an idea I borrowed from Candy, thanks for sharing that Candy.)

No comments: