Sunday, November 09, 2008

Good Morning!

I stayed at home today, even though David is sharing at church today.

No, I haven’t had the baby.

All the kids are coughing and doing the sniffle thing. And, one by one they have made the thermometer throw a fit and give a reading that lets me know that they’re bodies are fighting something. Right now, the girls are reading normal and Jakin has a low fever.

So, we are listening to Caedmon’s Call this morning and drinking vinegar and wonderful things like that.

Actually, I made a cough syrup this morning that everyone seemed to like. I melted some coconut oil, honey, lemon juice, a pinch of cayenne, a tiny sprinkle of garlic powder, a bit of vit C powder and a small dribble of apple cider vinegar over low heat, just enough to melt the coconut oil and warm everything up a bit. I also added a few drops of peppermint extract. They requested more so I am assuming that they liked it. :)

I am also not feeling over the top. But so far no fever on my side. I’d like to keep it that way.

The baby seems to be doing fine. That is if kicking and spinning are any indication. :) The way I am feeling this morning makes me think that it won’t be long. I am starting to have contractions off and on. And, while the baby hasn’t dropped, I am feeling more movement and pressure in my pelvic area. I think somebody is starting to play with the idea of getting out of there.

I was thinking this morning about how my labors have been in the past.

As far as I know, all my mom’s labors started at night. She usually had the baby in the middle of the night or early morning.

I have, so far, started labor in the middle of the night or early morning.

Also, my mom seemed to be more affected by the moon phases. I have not been.

Just randomness that I was thinking about this morning…

5 comments:

Unknown said...

A day of rest should help. We are praying that you do not get the "crud."

Anonymous said...

Glad your not ill. That's neat about the cough syrup. Never would have thought to make it myself. I don't like to give the kids meds for a simple cold unless they absolutely need it (ie a fever). I'll have to try your cough syrup recipe. God Bless!

debdpowell said...

So....is the cough syrup your own recipe or did you find it somewhere? It sounds interesting...

I also am enjoying reading your blog compared to Cilla's-you having instincts based on previous experience, and her taking a stab at it...sort of playing the guessing game... =) It's fun.

Elizabeth said...

I agree with Deborah about comparing yours and Priscilla's post. So fun!!!
I love you and I'm praying everything goes great with the birth!

Martha A. said...

Hey, have you tried GSE? I started taking that when I get exposed to a cold and it really helps! Mom makes all sorts of tintures and cough things too.....some of them are not fun to take!
Most moms start in the night or early morning. I think it is because they are able to relax at night and allow the contractions to start as they are used to relaxing at night, kind of like the position in the bathroom helps some women too.

My fourth baby never dropped, did not engage until I was in labor.....yeah. It was weird!
You are all caught up to me now!!!