Monday, October 02, 2006

Globe,..Well,... State Trotting and Other News

Hello all! Here I am again and look, it hasn't been 2 months since my last post! Aren't you proud of me? :-)

I guess you have noticed my new look. I plan to do more updating in the near future also.

We are about to head for Arkansas to pick up some strawberry plants. 100-200 actually. The plan is to go them through the winter and then have strawberries in the spring. Lord willing that is what we intend to do. We are still in the planning stages of the trip and so don't know the exact dates yet. But we are thinking about seeing some other folks along the way. (BTW, I failed to mention that we are going to David's uncle's to get the plants.)

Prayer needed for Nell

Please be in prayer for David's mom. She is going to have knee replacement surgery on the 10th of this month. While she is glad to be doing the surgery and getting the knee issue resolved, she is not looking forward to the down time afterwards.

Everything The 10th

I guess everything will be happening the 10th. We will have baby chickens hatching the 10th, the co-op order will come in the 10th, Nell's surgery is the 10th,...and there is something else that I forgot.

Prayer For Me

I would also covet everyone's prayers. I am in the process of getting our house, life, family, etc on a schedule. However, I am not very proficient in this area and am having to learn from the ground up how all this works. Please pray for me. And if any of you have good tips or advise in any area you can think of, please leave me a comment. For you elder readers, would you consider thinking back to when your kids were young and telling me how you ran your day, or how you wish you would have, or anything that you would like to have been told at that time? I would highly value anything anyone would have to say!

God bless you all and have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so pleased that you have a trip planned that does not involve tests or treatment. Strawberries and peaches are a great combination. Those plus cereal, who could want more?

Unknown said...

Yes, we are excited to be getting to do something else, too!

Hey, you guys should get a blog and write "stuff." :-)

Maria said...

Hey!
I'm glad you're blogging again! I struggle with the same problem...I get really overwhelmed and distracted easily so I go from one thing to the next and never accomplish much. So, something that helped me a lot is 1. to write a list and then priortize and be realistic about what I can do in one day 2. set a timer (or watch the clock) and only work on each thing for 15-30 minutes at a time. So, I will clean the living room for 15 minutes, do laundry for 15 minutes etc. For some reason that really helps me to stay focused and I get a lot done in a short amount of time. Instead of it looking like its so overwhelming I can just tell myself "I'm doing this for 15 minutes" and I stay focused.
Another thing that has helped me tremendously is to ignore it! :) lol that sounds bad but you know, it doesn't matter that much and if it bothers you and you just can't get everything perfect, take the kids out to a picnic, go shopping, out to eat whatever, you'll have fun and its something that will last--relationships and spending time with family. The weird thing I've found is I usually have more energy and ambition to get things done when I come back!
That's my experience...my house is a disaster right now but I just got off a 12 hr night shift so I'm going to sleep instead of doing anything.