Friday, July 10, 2009

Totally Random...

Popcorn cobs of several colors. These cobs gre...Image via Wikipedia

Popcorn. Such wonderful stuff. I thought I would share one of the ways I like to use it.

Popped corn is a great bread substitute. Okay, I didn't think so when I first read it either, but after trying it, even David enjoyed it. Now, he is not ready to sign up for no bread at the table all the time, but for variation or in a pinch, popcorn is pretty tasty!

Here is what I have done:

Pop the corn and in a separate pan, melt a few Tablespoons of butter, add some seasonings, such as oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, cayenne, (just a pinch makes this not just an okay dish but a great one!), minced onion, garlic powder, etc. Toss the butter mixture into the popcorn, add Parmesan cheese if you like, and serve.

The only problem we have had is trying to stop eating it. =)


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is even better if you grow your own.