Wednesday, July 15, 2009

One Thing At A Time...

So my house needs attention.
My kids need attention.
Supper needs attention.
The garden definitely needs my attention.
EVERYTHING screams at me for attention.
How can I get through this? Well, I am partly writing this post to remind myself, ('cause, yeah, I do come back and read what I wrote from time to time.), that I get through it all one thing at a time.
One dish at a time.
One smile and cuddle at a time.
One chopped up tomato at a time.
One load of laundry at a time.

How is a house or city built?
One board, nail, blow of the hammer at a time.
One house at a time.

The same is true for how a family falls apart.
One cross, unkind word at a time.
One opportunity at a time, missed.
One breach in the relationship at a time.

The little things, like in the story of how chess got invented, matter. (http://arimaa.com/arimaa/links/chessStory.html)

Okay, my self-pep talk is recorded. Now, the hard part.

Doing the little things one thing at a time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Little things often turn into big things.

Martha A. said...

Nichola, can you email me? i guess i lost your email address...martha(at)lclink(dot)com

Michele said...

Nichola, I read this on Crystal Paine's facebook and clicked over here from there. I put together a homeschool newsletter and would love your permission to include this in an issue. It is a great reminder!

Michele