Sunday, February 21, 2010

Thoughts....

I am having some big thoughts this afternoon, and thought I would jot them down here so I can read them later.

I have been fretting and worrying over things lately. Trying to get ahead, trying too hard to figure things out. Stressed when I can't see around the corner.

Why? Cause I am a silly human who can't see God's plans and I think it is all up to me. Sometimes I don't see that that is what I am doing, but it is nonetheless.

Today I am thinking about this. Praying about it. And I think I am getting somewhere with it.

God knows where I am. He knows everything I need. When I have a need, in any area of my life, including lack of faith, I need to talk to Him. Not beg like a four-year old who will fuss if they don't get what they want. Not fixated on the need that needs taken care of, but looking to Him to fully take care of ALL my needs.

And then, do my business. No fretting, dropping everything else til I figure out how I am going get my needs taken care of. God knows where I am at. He WILL take care of me. I just need to rest and trust in Him. That is not easy to do in the midst of my Need, whatever it is. But today as I am pondering this, I am seeing again that I must rest in the storm. I must continue on in my work that He has called me to while I wait for Him to take care of my needs.

My prayer is that I will really get this down deep inside of me. I want this to be such a part of the way I do things that my first thought is to trust God, not worry and fret.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Your not alone in your storm. I to am going through a dark season taking care of my family at home and trying to take care of everything else while my husband works. He doesn't make much money now but some how every month the Lord provides for us amazingly. I recently really started to really start keeping my eyes on him and not our circumstances. I agree with you, that is a very hard thing to do! Charles Stanley says we are reaching higher levels of faith when we go through our crisis. We must keep trusting God because when we stay on the crisis it can keep us in that sadness and can make us depressed. This really has been helping me get through this hard trial that me and my family are going through. It's especially hard with a husband who is very demanding and a non believer...I'm on my knees a lot and after wards he provides me the peace and grace to keep running this race! God will get you and all of us through these storms. He promised...:) You really blessed me today. Thank you for sharing your heart with me and other mothers and wives. God Bless You!