Thursday, October 27, 2005

Tests and fun stuff like that...

I am at MD Anderson right now. I just got done with a PET scan, and am going over to do a CT scan soon. I found a computer to use and thought I would update you all.

Galveston
We had a lot of fun in Galveston Tuesday. We went down on the beach and had a blast. There were shells everywhere and so we picked them up, or rather, as many as we could. :-) I found a hermit crab in one really pretty shell. I was so excited. I have never found one of those before. I showed it to David and the kids and then we turned him lose. It was so much fun.

Then we rode the ferry that runs between the island and part of the mainland, I think. We drove our car on and were looking out at the water, enjoying the seagulls following the ferry, when all of a sudden David spotted a dolphin. We couldn't believe it! They were everywhere. We even saw an oceanliner with one jumping off the front of the bow, just like you see in pictures. It was so awesome. We also saw jellyfish. I think the ones we saw were Man'O War, but I need to check to be sure.

We drove around a bit after we got across and found a Ft. with a playground and all for the kids. (I can't remeber the name of the Ft. :-/) Then we went back across on the ferry. We went to the seawall then and watched the sun go down.

Tests
Then Wednsday I came back in for more tests. I had a urine analysis, an EKG, and then bone marrow biopsy and aspiration on both sides of my hip. Not fun. But I made it and am just getting to whine when I get up and down now.

Today I had a PET scan done and am going to have the CT scan done at 1:00pm. I think here the drinks are flavored a bit better? That is the rumor. I hope so, and I hope I don't have to drink much. Prayer is requested for me right now!!! I will do my best but that is a hard thing to drink on an empty stomach. *sigh*

What I am learning
I am still learning a lot. One thing that I see right now is how divided the kingdom of God and the world is.

Oops, got to jump off! Will write more later!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Praying for you, Nichola!! (Sarah from youngmothers...)

Anonymous said...

Praying for you too, Nichola!!

Your trip to the ocean and seeing the dolphins sounds like it was alot of fun!!

~Tanya (from youngmothers...)

Martha A. said...

I have been thinking about all weekend! i will be praying here too! (i am from young mothers group too, but you know other than that so I guess i didn't have to say that!)
i hope that God fills you with peace and enables you to drink that horrible drink again very fast! I have heard if you pinch your nose you do not taste. Is that true? Maybe God can make it taste better!

Anonymous said...

Precious Sister! I'm glad I found your blog. I've been praying fervently, and not sure exactly how to pray, but now I know!

Have to tell you - got to share Jesus with a student, and later with a lady who sold me a book over amazon.com and accidently sent me a "pregnancy yoga" video as well as the book (a Spanish book)! So, encouraged her with Jer. 29:11, which she responded to say she was going to go get her Bible and read! Yippee! I'm catching your boldness, and it feels great. Love you! Linda K.

Anonymous said...

Just wondering how you are doing now, Nichola??

Still praying for you and hope we hear from you soon!

Martha A. said...

Me too! I have been praying and checking for updates....

Anonymous said...

Nichola, I keep checking here hoping for some updates!! I pray you are doing ok.

~Tanya :)