Thursday, April 19, 2007

Virginia Tech

I have been grieving over the Virginia Tech shooting. I grieve for the families and the kids, but I am also just really sad for the killer. He needed Jesus. He was in such pain and turmoil. Bitterness, anger and despair just destroyed him. Jesus was the answer. Not a bandaid but the solution.
I have not heard much about his family yet, but I am praying for them also.
If any of the families and friends of the victims run across this page, please know that I am praying for you, too. Jesus is the answer for you, too. Bitterness destroyed Cho Seung-Hui and he destroyed others. Don't let it destroy you. Give the pain and bitterness to Jesus who will set you free. He endured pain and injustice. He experienced the pain of abuse that was totally undeserved or justified. Yet He died for those who abused Him. He laid down His right to require payment and made the payment Himself. He extended forgiveness to us and experienced total freedom from bitterness. He can give that same freedom to us when we come to Him.

1 comment:

Martha A. said...

I felt so bad for his family. That is so hard for them what they are left to bear!