Thursday, March 22, 2007

Carrot Pizza?!

n Last night we had pizza for supper. Whole wheat pizza with cheese, greens and, (this may sound weird but it was good), shredded carrots. I have been making it with onions too, but I was out of onions. It is really easy and delicious. Crust, sauce and toppings with no pans to clean up! Better than a one dish meal! :-)

To make it even simpler, last night I used one of my frozen crusts. Homemade frozen crust, I should say. :-) Last time I made pizza crust, I made a double batch and froze 2 crusts. It was so easy to pull the crust out of the freezer a few hours ahead of time and then prepare the toppings.

Now, some may be thinking, “Whole wheat? I’ve tried that and didn’t like it.” So have I. But I have found a type of wheat that makes great baked goods and tastes wonderful. It is called ‘Prairie Gold.’ It comes from Wheat Montana Farms. It is a white wheat that is high in protein. It does very well it just about anything. I have used it in bread, rolls, biscuits, pancakes, muffins, etc. I have marveled at how it makes whole wheat bread. I have had to wonder, is this really 100% whole wheat bread?! I know it is since I made it myself, but it just seems to good to be whole wheat.

No comments: