Monday, August 15, 2005

I'm not going to write a book...

So much has happened since my last post. I will try to update!

Infection

I finally found out what has been going on with me. I will try to keep this short. Basiclly, I do not have a utrine infection or a uninary tract infection like I was being told and treated for. I have swollen lymph nodes, which was diagnosed as a strained ligament, in my grion. The swelling was from something somewhere, I don't know where, and then the nodes got infected. That was what was causing my low fever all the time and tiredness. But since the lymph nodes went untreated they got really infected and it started turning red around them. We went to a different doctor and they knew right away what was wrong. They put me on some high powered antibiotics, a different kind than I had been on and told me to come back in a week. It is working, today the nodes are not as big and the redness is almost gone. I am having to feed my baby formula and pump so that I will be able to resume feeding when I am well. Not fun by any means but I am really glad that I have something to feed her while I can't breastfeed.

So, that is it in a nutshell. I'm really glad that we found out what was going on. I was headed for some bad stuff, folks. And the worst part is that I was being told that this big lump where these lymph nodes are swollen up was nothing to be concerned about. If it had gone on much longer...well, I'm glad it didn't! I feel pretty drained right now but I think it is the antibiotic making me feel that way.


Trip

We are going to Oregon!!! We bought our tickets and will be leaving the 13th of Sept and coming back the 27th. We got an awesome deal on them. If you can't tell, I am excited! I have not been to Oregon/Washington for almost 11 years. *bouncing and counting the days*

3 comments:

razorbackmama said...

What antibiotic do they have you on? I can look and see if you REALLY need to pump and dump ('cuz often they just tell you that even though you don't need to).

Glad you're feeling better!

Unknown said...

I'm on Levaquin. I read all the lit. that came with it and it said that it probably wasn't safe. There have been no controlled studies done, I guess no one wants to use their baby for a guinea pig.

It's been quite a learning experince. I have never had to pump with either of my other 2. And neither of them had formula. But God is giving me grace and it is not bothering me. I thought that I might have a hard time with having to give my baby a bottle but I haven't.

razorbackmama said...

Just looked it up for you, and Dr. Hale's book said to "see oflaxin," which has been approved for use in breastfeeding mothers by the AAP. The biggest concern for your little one would be diarrhea because of the antibiotic killing off the good gut flora.

So if you'd like to forego the pump and dump, you should be fine. E-mail me if you'd like me to scan in the pages from Dr. Hale's book for ya. :-)