Saturday, August 06, 2005

Well, we are officially done with the peach crop. David cleaned the trees yesterday and took a load to Abilene today to sell. This wraps it up for us. We did good. It was our best year yet. I have really enjoyed the fresh peaches and will be sad to see them go. But they will be back next year.

You know, I have been thinking about seasons lately. I don't really like change. I like things to stay the same. But they don't. And some things I would like to change faster seem to take their own sweet time. :-) But I have been thinking some about not fighting the times/seasons I am in. It really does no good anyway. If I want summer to stay longer, will fussing and fretting make it stay? Not even for a little bit longer. Why spend my time chaffing that I am not in a place that I am not? I need to live where I am and be thankful in the place I have been placed. It will change, but when it does, will I be happy if I was miserable the whole time waiting for it to change? Nope. I will find something new to want to be different. Contentment where I am at is really priceless. Not to mention that it is easier on my family if I am content even in tough times.

I am not saying that it is wrong to have goals or dreams that you try to attain. But I have found that when I focus on the things I don't have yet, it is sooo easy to fall into a trap of discouragement and dissatisfaction. But when I am looking at Jesus and happy with where I am even though I am looking forward to the next season then I find contentment. Times are always changing. Only when I am content in Christ will I enjoy the ride!

And quite a ride it is right now! I am still not feeling quite well. I am tired a lot and don't feel good moving around. I am taking an antibiotic and I think it is making me feel more tired. Needless to say, my house is suffering and it is a bit hard to take care of everything. So here I am wanting out of this time and trying to learn to stay content in the middle of it. It is an aggravation not be able to do the things that I want to do. But I have to remember to not get aggravated. It does no good, actually it makes it worse.

On another subject, we are planning a trip! We were planning to go to Oregon at Christmas. My grandma and a few other relatives live up there. We got thinking though. It would be more fun to go sooner since the weather would be nicer than in December. So it looks like we will be going to Oregon in September! I am sooo excited. Oregon is where I grew up. I lived in Portland until I was 15. My family then moved to Oklahoma. I haven't been back to Oregon or Washington since then. I have been really looking forward to the trip and am really happy that we are planning to go soon.

If anyone reading this has any tips on flying with kids I would really appreciate it. I have never done this before. The last time I was on a plane was when I was 7. :-) I loved it, but it really didn't equip me to know what to do with a 3 month old, 19 month old and 3 year old! Any tips on flying period would be great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My flying tip: teach the 19 mo & 3 yo how to "Pinch their noses & blow" to clear their ears during the flight; this will prevent pressure pain. Make sure that none of the kids are suffering from ear infections before the flight; pressure on infected ears can lead to temporary or permanent hearing loss.

Anonymous said...

Another tip is let them chew gum! It will help with the plugged ears! I guess not for the baby, but you can nurse her during take off!