Thursday, October 23, 2008

Home Birthers Have All The Fun!

I just had to post this. Some will not see the humor, but I think it is hilarious!

The other day my midwife was planning to stop by my house and do a prenatal since she was going to be passing through. Well, things didn’t go as planned, and she ended up leaving way late. That meant that she would be passing through at about 11 pm.

As she had some things to give me and equipment to leave at my house, and since she needed to do a check up, I agreed to meet her in the parking lot of a convenience store on her path through.

Yes, you read that right. I met my midwife for a prenatal appointment at 11 pm and did my prenatal check up in the back of my Suburban.

Who else gets to do crazy stuff like this?

Next time someone says to me in reference to home birth, “Oh, you’re brave!” or “I could never do that!” I am going to grin inwardly and think,

“You don’t know the half of it!”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I've got a friend who opted to use a midwife for the birthing of her baby, Reece was born two days ago 9 lbs. I'm gathering up info because I'm thinking of using a midwife with my next baby. God Bless!

Unknown said...

You probably need another nap.

Martha A. said...

Yeah....that is funny......I would be laughing too!