Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Off To Houston...

Well, it is official. We will all be attending the FIC conference this weekend.

I am so excited!

For several reasons.

One being the conference.

The other being, this will be my first trip to Houston in a pregnant state. Part of me just wants to march into MDA and show my belly to everyone! I know my Dr. would love to see me…:)

I have a lot to do to get ready, but come time to leave, ready or not, here we come!

I am planning to cook a roast, make some bread and then make up sandwiches ahead of time to take. Adding a few fruit type snacks and maybe some chips to that should work nicely. I may also take some of the old standby peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. With peach jelly, of course. :)

We are planning at this point to camp while we are down there. It will be a different way to experience Houston than we have previously done, but should prove to be enjoyable. I suspect the kids will like it much better than a hotel room. There is much more space outside than in a cramped space that you are supposed to be quiet in and not bother things. (Of course, I might be wrong. They might really miss jumping from bed to bed, and then to the chair, and being told not to. They might miss being told not to stomp if we are upstairs and having to be quiet, even though they have had to be quiet all day already. Maybe I am wrong, maybe they will really miss the hotel…)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun!!