Saturday, November 29, 2008

Welcome to the World, Travis!

This is Nichola's sister, Cilla.  Nichola asked me to let everyone know about the new arrival in her family.
 
Travis Brawner was born Friday, Nov 28th, at 5:14 pm.  He weighed 9 lbs, 4 oz, and was 22 inches long. 
 
Nichola had to be transported to the hospital for an emergency C-section because of a prolapsed umbillical cord.  Thankfully her midwife was there and knew exactly what to do.  They lost the baby's heartbeat momentarily but Carol got everything under control quickly and he was not deprived of oxygen or otherwise affected.  Cord prolapse is immediately life-threatening to the baby so she did save little Travis's life with her actions. He is healthy and from the sounds of it, very happy.  Nichola is recovering well, but said she is quite a bit of pain, especially when she has to cough.  She plans to be released from the hospital tomorrow afternoon and should post the full details of the birth when she is better.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome, Travis Brawner. We are so thankful. We cried tears of joy for God's goodness. Thank you, Cilla

Elizabeth said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited and will definantly will be praying for your recovery!!
Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the whole family on the birth of Travis! I'll keep you all in my prayers! God Bless

Martha A. said...

I am so happy for you! I am sure you are going to have an amazing story to tell!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the birth of your little one and praise God for keeping him safe! I'll be checking your blog later for an update. But for now I hope you can get lots of rest and that your recovery goes smoothly. Prayers are with you!

LandA said...

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see some pictures! We love you guys.

Martha A. said...

Happy belated birthday, Nichola! I hope you are doing well with your baby and we get to rad a birth story soon.....I keep checking!